The Becker brothers went into business in 1946, just after they returned home from World War II. The family opened a restaurant under the name Becker Brothers on Broadview Road. Because of the high demand for their original recipe donuts served at breakfast, brothers Bill, Louie, Joe and Alex went into the donut business. Brothers Bob and Rudy joined them in the 1950's to bring the total number of Becker's Donut Shops in the Cleveland area to thirteen, one of the largest and most successful donut shop chains in the city of Cleveland.
The Fairview Park store orignally opened in 1952 and was located across the street from its current location. In 1956, Bob Becker purchased the location from his brother Bill upon his return from the army. In 1957, Bob moved the shop across the street to its location current location, 22088 Lorain Road.
Bob and Darlene Becker operated their business in Fairview Park from 1957 until 1988. Bob Becker passed away September 17, 1978 followed by Darlene on September 2, 2010.
Today, Bob and Darlene's son Tom carries on the family name and original recipes at Becker's Donuts, Bakery, and Cakes in Fairview Park and North Olmsted. Tom's wife Sue decorates custom cakes for all ocassions and weddings, while daughter Megan assists customers in the storefront.